I offer a variety of group educational sessions to support you to have more open and effective communication about sexuality with your children.
Check out below for my basic offerings, and feel free to contact me to create your dream workshop in the setting of your choice.
In all of my offerings, I review recommended resources so you can continue this process at home.
Through my work with Cardea Services and Bay Area Communities for Health Education, I provide workshops through schools and districts to help parents and caregivers understand what type of sexuality education is being offered through the school and how to support that learning at home.
I can also provide tools to:
• create an on-going dialogue with your child at any age and any stage
• establish yourself as your child’s main resource for these conversations
• initiate conversations and answer sensitive questions
• identify your own values about sexuality and relationships
While many parents enjoy participating in school-based workshops, I know that there are many of you who would prefer to talk in a smaller group, or maybe you’d even like to host a gathering for your friends to address these issues together. I can create specialized content for your group about the topics above, as well as sexually explicit media and pornography, identifying and communicating about boundaries, consent and healthy friendships and relationships, gender roles and stereotypes, and many more topics that might be relevant for you.
Mother-Daughter Mini Retreats
I work in partnership with Ilana Ingber to create female-identified puberty-aged children and caregiver workshops and “mini-retreats” that include mindfulness, gentle yoga and art, and that create opportunities for parents and their children to connect and have conversations about changes that occur during puberty, body image, healthy friendships, and other related topics.
Check this link for upcoming mother-daughter mini-retreats.
Babies, Boundaries and Bodies: How to Talk with your Young Child About... All This Fun Stuff!
Preschoolers can be so-curious about bodies! Some even love to talk about and even look at them! Their curiosity is normal. My workshops for adults parenting or caring for 0-5 year olds will prepare you to tackle their questions about bodies, how babies “get in there” and “get out of there”, “can boys wear dresses” and “why do I have a penis but my sibling doesn’t” as well as provide some tools to help them understand their own and others’ boundaries.
This workshop explores:
- Gentle ways to talk to preschoolers about bodies and to teach establishing healthy boundaries
- How to start talking or answer questions about where babies come from
- How young children understand gender and gender roles
- How to establish yourself as a reliable source and an “askable adult” for your child’s entire life